Lamar County Schools are always looking for qualified Substitute Teachers, Support Staff, CNP Workers, and Nurses. If you are interested in becoming a Substitute, please contact Kelly Services at 205-870-7154.
Substitute Teacher Requirements
- Must pass Smart Practices Training with 80% or higher.
- Must hold an Alabama Substitute Teacher License or a Teacher Certification. ($30 fee)
***Please note that the ALSDE has issued a new application as of 11/2019. If you use the old application, they will disregard your request.***
- Must pass a background screening through COGENT. ($48.15 Fee for Alabama, out of state is $56.15)
- Must provide Education Verification via a copy of High School/College transcript/diploma/degree.
- Must provide two professional character reference letters.
- Must complete the Kelly Online Application.
Once all the paperwork is complete, Kelly will contact you and schedule you for a one (1) day two (2) hour orientation.